|By Inday Vinyas||
|September 30, 2009 03:15 AM EDT||
The Philippines on Ulitzer
I have received so many visitors to my post about Ondoy. So I want to talk a little more about the calamities in the Philippines.
First, here are places you can go to help:
www.philippineaid.org - I mentioned this one before.
www.inquirer.net - This is a newspaper website. They have a lot of information about the Ondoy Relief Drive.
www.redcross.org.ph - Yes, they are very active here just like in the US and other places.
I want to let everyone know again that this is not the only time that we have trouble in the Philippines. We have so many typhoons every year. Many people die each time we have a bad typhoon. Houses fall into the rivers. Children and old people drown. Little boats sink in the ocean.
This happens so many times each year in the Philippines talaga. You can see in my blog here that I wrote a story about Typhoon Feria back in June. There are some pictures too.
It is my wish that our country could help more with this trouble. It is very kind that strangers from other countries help us when we have pain. But I wish that we did not need so much help.
I am happy that my friends and family are OK now. Ondoy did not hurt us. But maybe the next typhoon will be bad for us. I don't know.
So we will help others who were affected by Ondoy. You know that we are strong people and we help each other. The spirit of bayanihan is always with us. If this spirit is with you too, then maraming salamat po!
- Mdhuset Announces Real Estate Listings on Telefonkatalogen.biz Website
- Shrink-Url - Use PowerShell To Shrink Your Urls
- Cloud Computing vs Grid Computing
- Will Ulitzer Dominate News Content on The Web? -Gartner
- Why Ruby on Rails Has Become a Popular "Next Platform"
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Kindle 2 vs Nook
- The Five Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- My Personal 2010 Predictions